This book was nothing like I expected
it to be from the description on the front flap, but I liked it nonetheless. It
was almost a sci-fi thriller. It offers a new look at a somewhat cliché sci-fi
story of people from the past being unfamiliar new technology.
I really liked how it was
presented. Because it’s a fairly short book, the warning and editor’s note at
the beginning helped to get into the story quickly. I also liked the idea that
it’s a transcribed version of cassette tapes. It brings depth to the story that
it probably wouldn’t have achieved as just a story. Also, I’ve always been a
fan of books that know they’re books.
I did think the pacing was a
little strange. The plot seemed to switch between slow and sudden events, but
that could just be my reaction. The characters also didn’t have a lot of
development, but the novel was mostly driven by the plot, so this makes sense. However,
the small amount of development that there was very well written and felt very
natural, which is a plus.
Overall,
I think it’s focused more at people around their mid-teens. I felt a bit too
old for it, but still found it enjoyable. It was a bit creepy at times, in a Stepford Wives kind of way, so it might
not be something you want to read before bed.

No comments:
Post a Comment